Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another way to see the sky

from: http://www.dezeen.com/2007/07/23/dezeen-loves-type-the-sky/

Type the Sky by Lisa Rienermann is a collection of alphabet formed by the buildings against the sky photographed from below. The alphabet was created by Rienermann while studying at the University of Duisbury-Essen. “It began with the Q,” she said. “I was in a kind of courtyard in Barcelona. I looked upward and saw houses, the blue sky and clouds. The more I looked, I saw that the houses formed a letter Q.” Then she started looking at other alphabets. I think it is always nice to see things in another way. We always only pay attention to the buildings and ignore the space surrounding by. It's like a figure and field relation. Good designs should also care about the space they created not just inside the building, but also how they shaped the surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment